Collaborate with your friends, and the entire medical community, on cutting-edge research to discover unique in-game rewards. Head to the Superbug Network to get started.
Collaborate with other organisations on special research projects to discover technology and receive rewards. One star in Mitton University is required to begin The Superbug Initiative.
Local Superbug ProjectsEdit
There are various projects that can be completed locally with Steam friends who own Two Point Hospital. These friends can invite the player to join their projects and the player can create their own local projects and invite their friends to join.
Research Trees for local projects are randomly generated each time. Meaning the nodes might be something different and the tree may unfold a new pattern. However the amount of organisations required to complete a node stage always remains constant.
- Hair Removal 1-3 Participant(s)
- Love Sick 2-5 Participants
- Dead Weight 2-5 Participants
- Cheese on the Chalkboard 3-5 Participants
- Learning Machine Learning 4-5 Participants
One global project and up to three local projects can be active at one time on the Superbug Network screen. In addition, each organisation may only have one Research Node active at a time.
Global Superbug ProjectsEdit
On the Global Superbug Network Screen one can view the Research Tree for an active global project. The whole community will need to work together to complete a project. A certain number of organisations will need to complete each Research Node in order to advance down the research tree and find the Victory Node active at a time. Once a Victory Node is completed, a reward can be claimed.
Global research trees are fixed, unlike the randomly generated local projects.
- The Gyro-Nut (Beta) 50-220 Participants
- The Gyro-Nut 300-3500 Participants
- Meditations on Mortality
- Creature Comfort
- Nice Smelling Research
- Healthy Appetite
Research & Victory NodesEdit
There are many different research nodes, with all varying degrees of rarity. All research trees build from the pool of research nodes available. Listed below are the collection of research nodes, what they require to complete.
Victory nodes mark the end of a research branch, completing an aspect of the research overall. Sometimes branches of the trees will lead to a dead end, which means that this line of research didn't yield any useful results.
|Cure Patients||Cure 10 Patients||Any Hospital|
|Touch of Midas||Cure 3 Patients with Touch of Midas||Grockle Bay Blighton|
|Leopard Skin||Cure 3 Patients with Leopard Skin||Grockle Bay Blighton|
|Consecutive Cures||Cure 5 Patients in a Row||Any Hospital|
|Consecutive Cures||Cure 5 Psychiatry Patients in a Row||Lower Bullocks|
|Lightheadedness||Cure 5 Patients with Lightheadedness||Hogsport|
|Pandemic||Cure 5 Patients with Pandemic||Lower Bullocks|
|Jest Infection||Cure 5 Patients with Jest Infection||Flottering|
|Grey Anatomy||Cure 5 Patients with Grey Anatomy||Mitton University|
|Pharmacy||Cure 5 Patients in Pharmacy|
|Psychiatry||Cure 5 Patients in Psychiatry||Lower Bullocks|
|Ward||Cure 5 Patients in Ward||Lower Bullocks|
|Psychiatry||Cure 5 Patients with Night Fever||Mitton University|
|Surgery||Cure 5 Patients in Surgery||Smogley|
|Shock Horror||Cure 5 Patients with Shock Horror||Melt Downs|
|Cubism||Cure 5 Patients with Cubism||Grockle Bay|
|Injection Room||Cure 5 Patients in Injection Room|
|DNA Lab||Cure 5 Patients in DNA Lab||Melt Downs|
|8-Bitten||Cure 5 Patients with 8-bitten||Duckworth-upon-Bilge|
|Consecutive Cures||Cure 5 DNA Lab Patients in a Row||Melt Downs|
|Animal Magnetism||Cure 5 Patients with Animal Magnetism||Flemington|
|Premature Mummification||Cure 5 Patients with Premature Mummification||Sweaty Palms|
|Timed Cure Patients||Cure 10 Patients within 90 Days||Any Hospital|
|Timed Moneymaker||Earn $200,000 within 90 Days||Any Hospital|
|Timed Research||Generate 1000 Research Points within 120 Days||Any Hospital|
|Train Nurses||Train 3 Nurses||Any Hospital|
|Training||Train 3 Staff||Any Hospital|
|Staff Development||Promote 3 Staff||Any Hospital|
|Train Doctors||Train 3 Doctors||Any Hospital|
|Maintenance||Water 5 Plants||Any Hospital|
|Ghost Capture||Capture 3 Ghosts||Roquefort Castle|
|Moneymaker||Earn $200,000||Any Hospital|
|Research||Generate 1000 Research Points|
|Upgrade Machine||Upgrade a Machine||Any Hospital|
|Upgrading Machines||Upgrade 3 Machines||Any Hospital|
Exclusive new items can be gained from completing both local and global projects. Below is a list of items so far and which project they were available from.
- Browbeater - Local project Hair Removal
- Love Statue - Local Project Love Sick
- Ectovat - Local Project Dead Weight
- Golden Gubbins - Local Project Cheese on the Chalkboard
- Deep Thing 1 - Local Project Learning Machine Learning
- Deep Thing 2 - Local Project Learning Machine Learning
- Giant Pipette (Pink Branch) - Global Project The Gyro-Nut
- Radiation Box (Green Branch) - Global Project The Gyro-Nut
- Giggle Pump (Yellow Branch) - Global Project The Gyro-Nut
- Brain Chair (Blue Branch) - Global Project The Gyro-Nut
- Hologram (Orange Branch) - Global Project The Gyro-Nut
- Thumbs-Up Duck (Yellow Branch) - Global Project Meditations on Mortality
- The Statue (Blue Branch) - Global Project Meditations on Mortality
- Aquatic Sphere (Orange Branch) - Global Project Creature Comfort
- Insect Ranch (Blue Branch) - Global Project Creature Comfort
- Critter Coop (Yellow Branch) - Global Project Creature Comfort
- Jasmine Bed (Purple Branch) - Global Project Nice Smelling Research
- Nice Smelling Sanitiser (Orange Branch) - Global Project Nice Smelling Research
- Jasmine EP (Yellow Branch) - Global Project Nice Smelling Research
- Jasmine Statue (Blue Branch) - Global Project Nice Smelling Research
- Gold Record (Green Branch) - Global Project Nice Smelling Research
- ?? (Yellow Branch) - Global Project Healthy Appetite
- Pudding Platter (Purple Branch) - Global Project Healthy Appetite
- Pickle Platter (Blue Branch) - Global Project Healthy Appetite
The Jasmine EP from Global Project Nice Smelling Research is two music tracks (Fish Whispers and Nice Smelling Face). These were later made available to all players.